Eagle

Eagle
Isaiah 40:31

Wednesday, November 26, 2014

“Five Thanksgiving Prayers for You”

Take Your Pick
Here are five prayers for your Thanksgiving dinner. 

May a spirit of giving thanks live in us year round, not just on the fourth Thursday in November.


Moravian Blessing
Come, Lord Jesus, our guest to be
And bless these gifts bestowed by Thee.
And bless our loved ones everywhere,
And keep them in Your loving care.

Psalm 100 (KJV)
Make a joyful noise unto the LORD, all ye lands. Serve the LORD with gladness: come before his presence with singing. Know ye that the LORD he is God: it is he that hath made us, and not we ourselves; we are his people, and the sheep of his pasture. Enter into his gates with thanksgiving, and into his courts with praise: be thankful unto him, and bless his name. For the LORD is good; his mercy is everlasting; and his truth endureth to all generations.

Help Me
O God, when I have food, help me to remember the hungry;
When I have work, help me to remember the jobless;
When I have a home, help me to remember those who have no home at all;
When I am without pain, help me to remember those who suffer
;
And remembering, help me to destroy my complacency;
Bestir my compassion to help by word and deed,
 those who cry out for what we take for granted. Amen.
-Samuel F. Pugh


Praise
Heavenly Father, on Thanksgiving Day
We bow our hearts to You and pray.
We give You thanks for all You’ve done
Especially for the gift of Jesus, Your Son.
For beauty in nature, Your glory we see
For joy and health, friends and family,
For daily provision, Your mercy and care
These blessings You graciously share.
So today we offer this response of praise
With a promise to follow You all our days.
-Mary Fairchild

Humorous
When turkey’s on the table laid,
And good things I may scan,
I’m thankful that I wasn’t made
A vegetarian.
-Edgar A. Guest

Happy Thanksgiving!

David

2 comments:

  1. I love Psalm 100 but I'm sort of partial to the humorous one :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, Sherry. I agree with you on both counts. :-)

      Delete